Based in Montreal, near the Snowdon subway station, Levy Pilotte fuses its heritage to updated know-how, adapted to its clients’ needs. We are recognized, since the early 1940s, for the quality of our services, for the thoroughness and professionalism of our team and our integrated personalized service.
As a partnership of eight partners and some forty collaborators, Levy Pilotte is a wealth of expertise. We reflect Montreal DNA as we share the same attraction factors: broad cultural diversity, knowledge base economy, openness onto the world and peaceful coexistence based on respect.
The Tax Specialist offers efficient strategies to individuals and corporations to help them minimize their global tax liabilities (Canadian and/or American tax). He carries out relatively complex engagements autonomously.
- Apply tax laws. Identify non-respect cases, incorrect application, and interpretation/non-compliance issues. Form appropriate conclusions. Provide clear internal communication on various tax issues.
- Participate in dispute analysis and settlements with tax authorities.
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to maximize business opportunities.
- Offer compliance and planning services to Canadian businesses with commercial activities in the US.
- Identify and document various tax positions, incl. risk analysis.
- Prepare and review tax returns for individuals, corporations, and trusts, as well as other tax forms.
- Produce various tax researches.
- Find answers to tax questions. Document researches with tax notes or clients’ memos.
- Participate in tax training content development and act as an internal facilitator.
- All related tasks.
- Graduate degree in tax (M. Fisc.).
- 3-5 years of experience in Canadian and/or American tax compliance.
- CPA, CGA title, an asset.
- Language and Technical Knowledge
- Advanced French and English.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Advanced knowledge of Taxprep, DtMax, and CCH.
- In-depth Canadian and/or American tax knowledge.
- General accounting knowledge.
- Relational and communication skills.
- Ability to manage stress, priorities, and confidentiality.
- Analytical mind and team spirit.
- Ability to respect instructions and deadlines.
- Reliable, organized, and meticulous.
- Resourceful and autonomous.
- Ability to adapt and multitask.
- Ability to demonstrate own potential by taking on additional responsibilities.
We are prospecting a committed profile, looking for a career opportunity within a firm recognized for the quality of its resources. We offer a competitive employment conditions and a stimulating and professional work environment. Levy Pilotte upholds the principles of employment equity and values cultural diversity in its workforce. If interested to explore this opportunity, please send your CV via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.